3 Cups sugar
12 oz butter
Fresh Lemon Juice: 2 cups, strained
Egg Yolks: 6
1. Zest the lemons into a large heatproof bowl. Squeeze the juice into the bowl, measure and strain. Add to the zest.
2. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and add the sugar and butter. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.
3. Put the eggs and yolks in a bowl and beat together. Pour the eggs through a strainer into the lemon mixture, and whisk well.
4. Stir the mixture constantly over the heat until the lemon curd thickens and lightly coats the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the curd into small, warmed sterilized jars. Cover and seal immediately. Allow to cool and label. Store in a cool dark place, ideally in the refrigerator. Use within 3 months. Once opened, it is essential to store the lemon curd in the refrigerator and use quickly.
Stay tuned for our Recipe Book: Dusty Rose Tea Room - First 5 years
Due to come out in early 2017.